Ride with us as we take you across the O’Callahan-Tillman Memorial Bridge at the Hoover Dam and lead you through the scenic beauty of the Mojave Desert to lookout points over the Colorado River. The adventure will continue on through the Joshua Tree forests to the vast incredible views that only the Skywalk at the Grand Canyon can provide. At the end of the day, we travel along the Colorado River and stay the night in the gaming town of Laughlin. Our adventure continues the next day as we travel into the Black Mountains to the former mining town of Oatman located on historic Route 66 – from there we will travel along one of the most scenic and historic sections of Route 66.
Day 1 Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon Skywalk
We will start the day with a ride over the O’Callahan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge at the Hoover Dam which showcases the majestic Colorado River. Depending on what the group wants to do we can stop in at the marina or check out the visitor center and fish hatchery on site. After the Hoover Dam we will ride through the scenic Mojave Desert among the Joshua Trees forests. Our last stop for the day will lead us to the Grand Canyon Skywalk, a glass and steel horseshoe shaped bridge overlooking the Grand Canyon and Colorado River on the north rim. Lunch will be provided afterwards at either Hualapai Ranch or Guano Point. We will stay the night in Laughlin for a relaxing night before our final leg of the tour.
Day 2 Oatman, NV and the Fabled Route 66
On our second day of the trip we will leave from Laughlin and head to the former mining town of Oatman on Route 66. See burros aimlessly wandering the streets and check out the historic region. We’ll stop by the Oatman Hotel to see thousands of $1 bills pasted on the walls and ceilings (makes for expensive wallpaper!) and we’ll ride historic Route 66 to Kingman on a twisty, windy road that’s a solid 10/10! After Kingman we’ll visit Chloride, a well-kept secret gem of a town and return to Las Vegas with a stop at Rosies’ Den, a favourite for weary motorcycle travellers.
• Motel accommodations for 1 night in Laughlin, NV
• Fuel for the entire tour (show up with a full tank)
• Support vehicle for groups of 5 + (carries fuel, minor repair items, and a spare motorcycle)
• Satellite phone, GPS tracking
• Route tracks and maps
• Detailed description of each day’s route
• Professional and experienced adventure guides with unique knowledge of the travel areas
• National and State park entrance fees (if needed)
• Environmental surcharge (2% of the cost is donated to Tread Lightly)
• Bottled water throughout the tour
• Commemorative t-shirt
• Photos and videos
• Motorcycle shipping or transportation
• Transportation to and/or from the starting point
• Motorcycle clothing and riding gear (helmets, leathers, gloves, rain suits, etc.)
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
• Trip, travel, accident, or medical insurance
• Anything not specifically mentioned as included
• Adventure motorcycle rental
• Motorcycle shipping or storage
24-26 March 2017
US$998.00 per person.
Tour Code: 0719076607
Contact us to book.
Comments or questions are welcome.