Journey with us over 6 nights and 5 days on our clover-leaf style motorcycle street tour. Return each night to Las Vegas and your luxury hotel while experiencing the best that Las Vegas has to offer. During the day we’ll explore the allure and legend of the Old West by motorcycle, riding each day with a professional guide. Enjoy the majestic and panorama of the Mojave and Great Basin deserts. You’ll ride on actual settlement routes, visit ghost towns, mines, Indian sites, and soak in the pristine landscape while learning about the significant history the region. Each day’s journey will provide fantastic adventures and lasting memories.
Day 1 Welcome Meet and Greet.
Arrive and settle in for a week of grand adventure and fun that can only be found in the entertainment capital of the world – Las Vegas! After settling in we’ll meet for a casual evening of appetisers and drinks with an introduction to the local guide and team and the incredible week ahead.
Day 2 Grand Canyon Skywalk = 270 miles / 435 kilometres.
It’s time to ride! Follow along with your professional guides as we take you across the O’Callahan-Tillman Memorial Bridge at the Hoover Dam and lead you through the scenic beauty of the Mojave Desert to the Colorado River lookout. Next stop, the Joshua Tree forests to the vast views that only the Skywalk at the Grand Canyon can provide! Visit the Old West town at the Hualapai Ranch and enjoy more spectacular views at Guano Point and Eagle Point.
Day 3 Hoover Dan and Techatticup = 150 miles / 240 kilometres.
Take a deeper look into the Old Southwest history as we ride to Techatticup. Tour the Eldorado Mine and listen to the stories of mining, money, and greed. Further down the road at Nelson’s Landing you can overlook the Colorado River just before it enters Lake Mead. Next, we’ll take a walk on the O’Callahan-Tillman Bridge and ride across the Hoover Dam where we’ll stop at the various overlooks on the Arizona side of the Dam. We’ll continue our ride into the Lake Mead National Recreation Area as we make our way back to Las Vegas for the evening.
Day 4 Red Rock, Bonnie Springs and the Spanish Trail = 160 miles / 258 kilometres.
On our fourth day, we’ll explore Red Rock Canyon along the Keystone Thrust with rock walls over 3,000 feet tall. A beautiful place known as one of the best sandstone rock climbing locations in the world. As we ride along the twisty-windy asphalt, there may be climbers hanging off the cliffs as we pass. Along the way, we’ll stop at Spring Mountain Ranch or Bonnie Springs before continuing along another section of the Spanish Trail settlement route used by early pioneers to settle the West.
Day 5 Death Valley = 275 miles / 453 kilometres.
Heading north, today’s adventure will take us to Death Valley, the largest National Park in the contiguous United States. Dante’s View will provide a partial view over part of the 3.4 million acres that comprise the Death Valley region. Furnace Creek, our next stop, offers a real desert oasis before we move to Badwater (elevation 282′ below sea level). After moving through Badwater, we’ll head down the desolate Death Valley Basin to Shoshone on our way back to Las Vegas.
Day 6 Valley of Fire =180 Miles / 290 kilometres.
This day offers winding roads and spectacular views that are just out the backdoor of Las Vegas. We’ll ride the twisty road to Echo Bay Marina on Lake Mead and see the history of the region. Along the way we’ll learn more of the native tribes at the Lost City Museum. As we continue on, we’ll visit the petroglyphs of Atlatl Rock in the Valley of Fire.
• Orientation event the evening before the tour begins (includes appetisers and drinks)
• Dinner the final day of the ride
• Fuel for the entire tour (show up with a full tank)
• Support vehicle for groups of 5 + (carries fuel, minor repair items, and a spare motorcycle)
• Satellite phone, GPS tracking
• Route tracks and maps
• Detailed description of each day’s route
• Professional and experienced adventure guides with unique knowledge of the travel areas
• National and State park entrance fees (if needed)
• Environmental surcharge (2% of the cost is donated to Tread Lightly)
• Bottled water throughout the tour
• Commemorative t-shirt
• Photos and videos
• Motorcycle shipping or transportation
• Transportation to and / or from the starting point
• Motorcycle clothing and riding gear (helmets, leathers, gloves, rain suits, etc.)
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner other than what is stated above
• Trip, travel, accident, or medical insurance
• Anything not specifically mentioned as included
• Adventure motorcycle rental
• Hotel accommodations at a major Las Vegas hotel & casino
• Motorcycle shipping or storage
2017 Tour Dates: 17 to 22 March, 01 to 06 June, 30 June to 05 July, 04 to 09 August
Price: On Application.
Tour Code: 0719191807
Contact us to book.
Comments or questions are welcome.