South India is blessed with various beautiful landscapes of nature, diverse culture, rich history, wonderful tropical flora and fauna, twisting country roads and breathtaking trails. Motorcycle trip is the best way to explore such exciting region.
In South India motorcycle tour, you enjoy motorcycle trip through beaches, backwaters, tea and coffee estates, cardamom plantations at higher altitudes, wildlife at Periyar and the trip becomes one never ending and unforgettable experience that keeps on getting better with every mile and beautiful scenic hill stations. The hill stations are the perfect places for motorcycle riding that also take you to the destinations which are great sources of spices and tea plantations as well. The best experience of motorcycle riding can be achieved in backwaters and hill stations areas.
If you are a true nature lover and looking for a truly unique and relaxing motorcycle holiday, then this incredible motorcycle ride for you to enjoy nature and explore panoramic trail of motorcycle tour with very less traffic and very good road.
Day 1: ARRIVE COCHIN AIRPORT
Welcome to India! Our representative will meet you at Cochin International Airport, escort you to hotel for check-in and brief you about the following tours. Then enjoy free time to recover from the jet lag. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 2: COCHIN to ATHIRAPPILLY (Approx. 90km / 3.5 Hour Ride)
After breakfast, you will be introduced to your Royal Enfield 500cc Motorcycle and the road Captain who makes you aware of all the rules of driving in India with all the gearing system of Royal Enfield bike and how to handle Royal Enfield 500cc Motorcycle in your Motorcycle tour to South India. Later start ride to Athirappilly. Athirapally is the land of rivers and forests and great waterfalls! The destination houses the largest waterfall in Kerala, the Athirapally Waterfall, a major tourist attraction. This patch in Sholayar Ranges is beautifully intertwined with lush green forest cover and sizzling silver cascades. On arrival, check in resort and relax .
Day 3: ATHIRAPPILLY to POLLACHI (Approx. 160km / 6 Hour Ride)
After breakfast, start leisurely ride to Pollachi. Pollachi was known as Pozhil Vaitchi in Tamil which means “gifted with beauty” and later became Pollachi. Its location near the Western ghats not only provides for an extremely pleasant weather throughout the year but also charming scenic beauty.
Today we will ride Royal Enfield Motorcycle through the hills and Idamalayar Reserve Forest, through the tea and coffee estates of Valparai and exciting winding down hair-pin bends to reach Pollachi. On arrival check in resort and relax. Overnight in Pollachi.
Day 4: POLLACHI to KODAIKANAL (Approx. 145km / 6 Hour Ride)
After breakfast we ride down to the plains again on some very good roads. Enroute enjoy the visit of Palani Murugan (Kartikeya) Temple. The temple at Palani is an ancient one, situated at an elevation of 1500 feet above sea level. After that we will stop for a traditional Tamil Lunch at the foot of the Palani Hills. Later ride continue toward Kodaikanal. From there, a spectacular ride up another set of winding hair-pin bends through the Palani hills the ride will bring to an altitude of 2133 M. On arrival in Kodaikanal and check into the hotel and relax. Overnight stay in Kodaikanal.
Day 5: KODAIKANAL
After leisure breakfast at hotel, enjoy sightseeing of Kodaikanal. You will explore Kodai Lake, Kurinji Andavar Temple, Coaker’s Walk, Waterfalls and Dolphin Nose. Later return back to hotel and relax. Overnight in Kodaikanal.
Day 6: KODAIKANAL to MUNNAR (Approx. 170km / 4.5 Hour Ride)
After breakfast, check out from hotel and start ride to Munnar through very scenic route. First we cruise down through a different zig-zag mountainous road. After that ride across the plains for about an hour, before climbing again through 17 hairpin bends and the start of a road of never-ending tea plantations. After stopping for tea on the edge of the Tata Tea Estate, the world’s largest, with a splendid view over Devikulam Lake we carry on to the enchanting hill station of Munnar, and our hotel.
Day 7: MUNNAR
After breakfast, enjoy sightseeing tour in and around Munnar. A chance to explore the delights of Munnar and the surrounding area. We can go in search of the Nilgiri Tahr, a rare mountain goat, in the cool of the morning. Later visit Mattupetty, which is famous for its highly specialized dairy farm, the Indo-Swiss livestock project. Over 100 varieties of high yielding cattle are reared here. Later visit Pothamedu, which offers an excellent view of the tea, coffee and cardamom plantations in Munnar and Tea Museum. Overnight stay in Munnar.
Day 8: MUNNAR to THEKKADY (Approx. 120km / 4 Hour Ride)
After breakfast start ride through some truly spectacular scenery. We pass through the backwaters and rice paddies before starting the ascent through the rubber and tea plantations of the Cardamom Hills and Southern Ghats, well-surfaced roads until we reach the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. There is an abundance of wildlife, from flora, birds and insects up to bears, leopards, elephants and even tigers, although they keep themselves well-hidden usually. On arrival check in hotel and relax. Later sit on an elephants back and enjoy shower with him and also take a walk in the market and do some spice shopping and enjoy the atmosphere. Overnight stay in Hotel.
Day 9: THEKKADY to VARKALA (Approx. 190km / 6 Hour Ride)
After breakfast, get ready for Motorcycle ride to Varkala. First half enjoy riding motorcycle in hills and then ride in plain to reach Varkala. Varkala Beach, also known as Papanasham Beach. The word Papanasham means wash away sins. It is believed that a dip in the waters of Papanasham Beach washes away all the sins in one’s life. On arrival check in Beach resort and relax. Later enjoy leisure walk along beach and enjoy the Sunset. Overnight in Varkala.
Day 10: VARKALA to ALLEPPEY (Approx. 160km / 6 Hour Ride)
After breakfast, start your ride to Alleppey. It is a famous town for Backwaters and beautiful Houseboats. On arrival, check in houseboat and relax. It will be a unique and exclusive experience in your lifetime. You will be cruising along the village sides and paddy fields witnessing the core life of the Kerala villages for the whole day. The house boat is fully furnished with bedrooms, private balcony and a kitchen. It also comprises a chef, Oarsmen and cabin assistant. The materials that go into the making are all local and Eco friendly bamboo poles, coconut fiber ropes, bamboo mats, coir carpets etc. Evening enjoy your Farewell Dinner with unlimited beer and sea food. Overnight stay in Houseboat.
Day 11: ALLEPPEY to COCHIN (Approx. 60km / 2 Hour Ride)
Today is the last day of Motorcycle tour to South India. After breakfast, start your last day ride back to Cochin through scenic fisher man village and also enjoy motorbike ride along the sea. On arrival in Cochin, get bid from your crew members and check-in Hotel.
After lunch, enjoy the Guided tour of Fort Kochi including the Dutch Palace-built by the Portuguese in 1557 and subsequently renovated by the Dutch after 1663. The murals are perhaps the best in India. Jewish Synagogue – built in 1568 and the oldest Synagogue in the Commonwealth are at Mattancherry. St. Francis Church – built in 1510 and the oldest European church in India, Chinese Fishing Nets– introduced by the court of Kublai Khan can be seen in Fort Cochin. Evening, witness the Kathakali Dance Performance, performed by various artists. Kathakali is a traditional dance form, depicting Indian epics (Ramayana and Mahabharata). The dancers are dressed in very colorful and elaborate costumes. Their faces are painted to depict various characters of these epics. This dance has a lot of facial expressions and brisk, yet articulate body movements. Overnight stay at the hotel.
DAY 12: DEPART FROM COCHIN
After leisure breakfast at hotel, we take you to Cochin Airport by Air-conditioned car as per your flight schedule to board your flight for Home. (Your hotel room is yours until 12:00 PM)
2020 Departure Dates
12 Jan, 15 Mar – or choose custom dates
12 Days – Southern India (Spices, Beaches and Backwaters) Summary
- Region: Kerala and Tamil Nadu (south area)
- Best time: October to March
- Number of days: 11 nights / 12 days
- Number of riding days: 10 days
- Accommodation: 4 Star
- Riding Level Required: Intermediate
- Terrain: 90% Tarmac & 10% Gravel
- Duration of ride: between 4 and 7 hours a day on average
- Distance covered on motorcycle: 1350 kilometres
- Temperature: Nights & early mornings 10ºc to 15ºc / Day 20ºc to 30ºc
12 Days – Southern India (Spices, Beaches and Backwaters) Pricing
- 1 Rider / 1 Bike / 1 Room: From AU$ 4,610 per person
- 2 Riders / 2 Bikes / 1 Room: From AU$ 3,890 per person
- Pillion Passenger (Twin Share): From AU$ 2,945 per person
- Car Passenger (Twin Share): From AU$ 3,225 per person
- 10 nights Hotel Accommodation on Dbl /Twin sharing basis with Breakfast
- 1 Night House Boat accommodation on Twin / Double Sharing basis with all meals
- All Ground Transfers from your arrival at Cochin Airport in India to till departure from India, sightseeing & overland journey by Air Conditioned Vehicle on non-riding days
- Royal Enfield 500 cc Motorcycle on all riding days
- Fuel (Gasoline) for Motorcycle
- Experienced English speaking Motorcycle Road Captain for whole trip on his own Royal Enfield Motorcycle including his accommodation & food
- Experienced Royal Enfield mechanic with all necessary spare parts for bikes including his accommodation & food
- First-Aid Medical kit
- Refreshment during rides like Packed Juice, Fresh Fruits, Biscuits, Tea, Coffee Etc
- Back-up Vehicle (Support Car/Van) to carry your Luggage
- Spares parts change in Motorcycle during tour. –Front tube/ Rear tube/Spark plug/Clutch and Brake Wire/Clutch and Disc brake pads/Engine oil/Clutch Plate
- Enjoy Farewell dinner with unlimited Beer on last day of Riding
- The services of an English speaking guide on sightseeing days
- Assistance by friendly, knowledgeable English speaking ground representatives from the moment you arrive in India until the time you leave
- All Applicable Taxes
- International Flights
- Lunch & Dinner (except where is specified)
- Monument Entrances
- Video/Camera Fees
- Personal medical insurance (compulsory)
- Bike damage
- Extra drinks
- Visa fees
- Tips (no obligation)
- Items of personal nature such as, laundry, liquor, extra drinks etc.
- Anything which is not mentioned in the included section.
What to bring on the ride:
Following is a detailed list of items that are required in the Tour for the safety & comfort level. We do not provide any of these, so we highly suggest to our all Riders to bring all of the required items mentioned below:
Clothing & Other Kit:
- DRIVING LICENSE (Rider): Full and valid for 500cc motorcycle
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: Must cover riding 500 cc motorcycles
- Sunscreen/sun block UV 30/40
- Lip balm
- Insect repellent
- Fleece/under jacket
- Kidney belt
- Warm clothes
- Strong pair of Jeans
- Thermos for Hot & Cold
- Sun Hat / Cap
- Ear Plugs
- Your regular medicine (if any)
- Riding Jacket + Pants + Boots
- Bike gloves
- Snood/Dust mask
- Water resistant backpack
- Knee & Elbow guards