Ladakh, popularly known as “the land of numerous passes of mystic Lamas”, ‘The Moon Land’, ‘Little Tibet’, and ‘The last Shangri La’ is one of the most popular tourist destinations of India, situated in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Ladakh lies at an altitude from 9000 ft to 25170 feet above the sea level. At these heights, you are on the roof of the World.
Ladakh is a Land of peaceful Buddhist monks, medieval monasteries, Fluttering prayer flags, pretty villages, cold desert, high passes, dramatic mountain scenery & surrounding countryside.
Its rugged terrains, chatty rivers & water streams offers adventure options like white water rafting, Trekking, mountaineering & most popular Motorcycling Tour to Ladakh in Indian Himalaya’s because its bring you over the World’s Highest Motorable passes & this Tour is popularly known as Trans Himalayan Adventure Motorcycle Tour.
In this tour of Trans-Himalayan Motorbike Ride, you will explore & experience the highest motorable road of 5,600 mtrs, visiting ancient Buddhist monasteries, Visiting Tibetan nomads with their caravan of Yaks and Pashmina goats on a Legendary Royal Enfield in Mountain Motorbike Tour. If you are a true thrill & adventure loving Motorcyclist enthusiastic & planning for Mountain Motorcycle ride with Highest Mountains Range then this Tour is the perfect for you. This Motorcycle Tour to Ladakh is highly recommended for every Motorcycle Rider at least once in a Life & adventurous moment of this Tour will remain forever in your memory which you never had so far, so come and experience the Land, where Sky & Earth Meet.
Day 1: Arrive New Dehli
Arrive at Delhi’s airport; our representative will personally meet you outside the EXIT gate of arrival terminal, holding a placard of your name to welcome you with garland & a bottle of mineral water. They will escort you till your hotel to make your hotel check-in smooth & fast. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 2: Delhi to Manali – Overnight
Morning is free for leisure. In afternoon get ready for a half day guided city tour of New Delhi with many historic monuments such as the Humayuns’ Tomb is a forerunner of the Mughal style of architecture, and in contrast, visits the Lotus Temple. Later drive past India Gate, the city’s World War I war memorial, the President’s Residence, Parliament House and the Secretariat buildings, all designed by Lutyens. Later you will be transferred to bus station for a comfortable overnight journey to Manali in Air-conditioned Bus. Overnight in Volvo Bus.
Day 3: Manal (80 Kilometres riding in and around Manali)
Morning on arrival at Manali Bus station, you will be received by our representative & transfer to Hotel & relax. Manali is located near the northern end of Kullu Valley & on the banks of River Beas. Manali – an important hill station & breathtaking natural beauty is the hallmark of this valley.
After Lunch, you will be introduced to our Royal Enfield 500cc Motorcycle & our road Captain will make you understand about the driving rules of India & you will be taught all skills to handle Royal Enfield in Indian mountains. We will ride Royal Enfield in & around Manali for local sightseeing, so you can be habituate with your motorbike for the tour. Overnight in Hotel at Manali.
Day 4: Manal to Jispa (Approx. 145 Kilometres / 5 hours riding)
After breakfast, we start our first day ride of Himalayan Motorcycle Tour toward Jispa (3200 metre or 10,500 ft) over Rohtang La Pass (3980 meter). Crossing Rohatang pass is a very challenging & exciting with a mix road of paved & unpaved. Adventure rider gets lots of fun on this route toward Jispa. Jispa is a very beautiful village situated on the bank of Bhaga River & the surrounding peaks covered with mist and clouds creating an awesome view. On arrival in Jispa, check into the hotel.
Day 5: Jispa to Tsokar Lake (Approx. 210 Kilometres / 7 hours riding)
Morning after breakfast enjoy leisurely ride on Royal Enfield over the scenic Bara Lacha La Pass at a height of 4890 Meter from MSL that is called Switzerland of India. Later ride continue toward Tsokar & enjoy by riding up ‘Gata Loops’ – 21 hairpin turns that snake up the mountainside. On arrival, check in camp & relax.
Day 6: Tsokar Lake to Leh (Approx. 150 Kilometres / 5 hours riding)
After breakfast start ride to Leh via Mahe Bridge. Enjoy the motorcycle ride with the view of panoramic villages alongside of the splendid Indus River to the ancient city of Leh. On arrival in Leh & check-into the hotel & relax. Overnight in Hotel at Leh.
Day 7: Leh Rest Day
Today is free day for leisure activities till afternoon. After lunch in afternoon enjoy visit to Thikse Monastery, It is a glorious Buddhist monastery & a marvellous Buddha statue in the seated position is adorning the main prayer hall. In the last visit the Hemis Monastery– the richest monastery in Ladakh by car. Later back to Hotel & relax. Overnight in Leh.
Day 8: Leh to Khardung-la Pass return to Leh (Approx. 125 Kilometres / 5 hours riding)
Today, the best day of this Motorcycle Riding Tour so far as you are Riding Motorcycle to Highest Motorable Road in the world, which is about 39 Kms from Leh city & it is known as Motorbike ride to Khardungla La Pass (the World’s Highest Motorable Road at a height of 5606 m), on reaching at the Top, enjoy the celebration with photography session & a cup of Tea/Coffee from Highest Cafeteria in the World. Later, we ride down back to Leh. On arrival in Leh, have lunch & later ride again to visit Hall-of-Fame, Gurudwara Patthar Sahib, Magnetic Hill and Sangam (confluence of Indus & Zanskar River). Later back to hotel for overnight.
DAY 9: Leh to Tsomoriri Lake (220 Kilometres / 6 hours riding)
After breakfast, ride to Tso Moriri Lake. Tsomoriri Lake is a high altitude Lake in Ladakh. It is situated at a height of 4595 m above sea level. On arrival in Tso Moriri, check into the camp & relax. Overnight in camp at Tso Moriri.
Day 10: Tsomoriri Lake to Sarchu (220 Kilometres / 6 hours riding)
Morning after breakfast, start ride for Sarchu. Enroute visit Tso Kar Lake. On arrival in Sarchu, check into the camp & relax. Overnight in Camp at Sarchu.
Day 11: Sarchu – Manali (220 Kilometres / 6 hours riding)
Today is the last day of Ladakh Motorcycle Tour & once again we ride Motorcycle over the Rohtang la pass to reach Manali. On arrival in Manali, check into the hotel & relax. In the late evening get ready for Farewell Gala Dinner party with unlimited beer, dance & music with Bonfire & share your Experience of Motorcycle Tour of Ladakh with us. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 12: Manali to Delhi by Overnight Volvo bus
Morning free for leisure & your room is yours until 12:00 PM. Later take a walk in colorful market of Manali. Later you will be transferred to Manali Volvo Bus Station at 16:30 Hrs to board Air-conditioned volvo bus for a comfortable overnight journey to Delhi. Overnight in Volvo Bus.
Day 13: Delhi
Morning on arrival in Delhi, you will be received by our representative & transfer to Hotel. Rest of the day free for leisure or at personal activities. Overnight in Delhi.
Day 14: Depart from Delhi
Your hotel room is yours until 12:00 PM. Later you will be transferred to the Delhi airport, as per your return flight schedule to board your return flight to home or we can organise your longer stay.
2020 Departure Dates
2020 Dates being Released Soon – or choose custom dates
14 Days – Trans Himalayan Sky Adventure Summary
- State: Himachal Pradesh & Ladakh (North Area)
- Best Time: June to September
- Number of Days: 13 Nights / 14 Days
- Number of Riding Days: 08 Days
- Duration of Ride: Between 5 and 7 hours a day on Average
- Distance Covered on Motorcycle: 1400 Kms
- Grade: Rough Terrain & full of Adventures
- Temperature: 10º C to 25º C
14 Days – Trans Himalayan Sky Adventure Pricing
- 1 Rider / 1 Bike / 1 Room: From AU$ 5,935 per person
- 2 Riders / 2 Bikes / 1 Room: From AU$ 5,170 per person
- Pillion Passenger (Twin Share): From AU$ 3,945 per person
- Car Passenger (Twin Share): From AU$ 4,200 per person
- 12 Nights Hotel / Camp accommodations on Twin / Double Sharing basis.
- Breakfast & Dinner throughout the tour, except in Delhi where accommodation with breakfast basis only.
- All Ground Transfers from your arrival at Airport in India to till departure from India, sightseeing & overland journey by Air Conditioned Vehicle on non-riding days.
- Royal Enfield 500 CC Motorcycle on all riding days.
- Fuel (Gasoline) for Motorcycle.
- Experienced English speaking Motorcycle Road Captain for whole trip on his own Royal Enfield Motorcycle including his accommodation & food.
- Delhi-Chandigarh Flight Ticket.
- Manali-Delhi Air-conditioned Semi Sleeper Volvo Bus Ticket.
- Experienced Royal Enfield mechanic with all necessary spare parts for bikes including his accommodation & food.
- Spares parts change in Motorcycle during tour. –Front tube/ Rear tube/Spark plug/Clutch and Brake Wire/Clutch and Disc brake pads/ Engine oil/Clutch Plate.
- First-Aid Medical kit.
- Refreshment during rides like Packed Juice, Fresh Fruits, Biscuits, Tea, Coffee Etc.
- Back-up Vehicle (Support Car/Van) for your Luggage & Pillion Rider.
- One Time Monument / Monastery / Temple Entrances.
- The services of an English speaking guide on sightseeing days.
- Inner Line Permits (Restricted Area & Wild Life Area Permits).
- All required Video / Camera fees.
- Farewell Dinner with Unlimited Beer.
- Assistance by friendly, knowledgeable English speaking ground representatives from the moment you arrive in India until the time you leave.
- All Currently Applicable Taxes.
- International Flights
- Domestic Flight (Delhi-Leh-Delhi)
- Personal medical insurance (compulsory)
- Bike damage
- Extra drinks,
- Visa fees
- Items of personal nature such as tips, laundry, liquor, extra drinks etc.
- Anything which is not mentioned in included section.
What to bring on the ride:
Following is a detailed list of items that are required in the Tour for the safety & comfort level. We do not provide any of these, so we highly suggest to our all Riders to bring all of the required items mentioned below:
Clothing & Other Kit:
- Sun Hat / Cap
- Your regular medicine (if any)
- Warm cloths
- Strong pair of Jens pant
- Fleece/under jacket
- Shoes or boots leather & scarf
- Money Belt
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen/sun block UV 30/40
- Lip balm
- Thermos for Hot & Cold
- Bike gloves
- Snood/Dust mask
- Kidney belt
- Water resistant backpack
- Bungee/Cargo net