- Check the travel advisories and requirements for your destination. Some countries may have restrictions or warnings due to COVID-19, political unrest, natural disasters, or other issues. You may need a visa, a vaccine, a negative test result, or a quarantine period to enter or leave certain places. Make sure you do your research and follow the rules to avoid any trouble or delays.
- Get travel insurance. You never know what might happen when you’re abroad, so it’s better to be prepared for the worst. Travel insurance can cover your medical expenses, lost or stolen belongings, trip cancellation or interruption, and more. Compare different plans and choose the one that suits your needs and budget.
- Pack smart. Don’t overpack or underpack your luggage. Bring only the essentials and leave some room for souvenirs. Check your destination’s weather forecast and cultural norms and dress accordingly. Remember to pack some travel essentials like a passport, a phone charger, a power adapter, a first aid kit, and some local currency.
- Learn some basic phrases in the local language. Even if you don’t speak the language fluently, knowing some common words and expressions can help you communicate with the locals and show respect for their culture. You can use a phrasebook, an app, or an online course to learn some useful phrases like hello, thank you, excuse me, where is the bathroom, how much is this, etc.
- Have fun, but be respectful. Travelling is a great way to explore new places, meet new people, and try new things. But remember that you are a guest in someone else’s home, so be polite and courteous. Follow the local laws and customs, don’t litter or damage the environment, don’t take photos without permission, and don’t be rude or loud. Enjoy your trip, but also respect the people and the place you visit.
This is mostly for those coming to Australia to join us. If you are leaving us to go on a Ride The World Motorcycle Tours tour it will help.
Travelling can be a fun and rewarding experience but requires some planning and preparation. Before you pack your bags and hop on a plane, there are some things you should know to make your trip easier and safer. Here are some tips to help you get ready for your adventure:
Please be aware the above is only advice and should only be taken that way.